Just Look...

Just Look...

Monday, September 16, 2013

Doing a Little Dreamin'

Been thinking a lot about dreams lately... dreams fulfilled and dreams to come. My AP class is reading The Alchemist and it always provokes discussion and thought about dreams, plus my recent self-reflection for my HOF speech, then I taught Sunday School last night and asked a few questions at the end, one of which being, "What is your biggest God-dream? Your biggest/no holds barred/anything is possible work you would like to do for Him?"

I do believe I am living my dream for my life in my teaching job and in working with Royal Family and other ministry work. However, I have other dreams that are as yet unfulfilled.


I would love to, probably after retirement, work with a non-profit (or even START a non-profit).

Just one time, I would like to work with refugees in an active area... like today along the Syrian border.

I want to do something amazing with my camera. I want that one picture that tells a story that matters to the world. Preferably of a child or an event of historic or societal significance.

I would like to work in some aspect with people working against crimes against humanity.

I hope that at some point soon, I will get to teach with someone who was my student. In my department.

I want to visit many, many, many more countries.

I'd like to travel the entire US.

I want the four of us to go on a family mission trip. Preferably many of them.

This one is not a secret to anyone who knows me, but it's not something I talk about too much because I keep it very close to my heart. I hope and pray that one day the calling I feel that God placed on my life when I was just a very young child will come to fruition and we will adopt a child.

I desperately want to write a book. A real one. With a real publisher and real buyers. :)

I think it's important sometimes to just sit down and think about your dreams. Some of these are relatively simple and I know I can accomplish them. Others are far more complex and I have no idea if they will come to be. Still others involve other people and dynamics and depend on the support of many more beyond myself. No matter how they play out, they occupy places in my heart right now. And there they will continue to grow.

No comments:

Post a Comment