Just Look...

Just Look...

Sunday, June 23, 2013

Mayfield Wins.

I know everyone thinks their school is wonderful. And maybe they all are. But I am telling you, my kids go to a school that is just ... beyond incredible. You see, schools are the people in them. From the administration to the teachers to the custodial staff to the students, a school is only as great as its humans. And I can tell you that Mayfield Elementary is made up of people who love people.

There are so many examples I could give from our five years at Mayfield so far, but the most recent involve this upcoming trip to Cambodia. When I wrote my support letter, I knew I would send it to family and a few friends. I would never have sent it to employees of my kids' school. However, I have received specific donations from people at Mayfield toward my trip. In addition, this weekend at the yard sale, at least 7 Mayfield people came by to either shop or "pay" $20 for a cup of lemonade from Emma and Kelsey.

I cannot begin to tell you the blessing of having your children in a school of adults who love them and care for them but, even more than that, who even love and care for YOU, the PARENT! Education gets such a bad rap in America today. It sometimes feels like we are fighting against lawmakers, rumors, tests, society, and even each other at times. But you know what? Education is not any of the things you read in the paper or hear the lawmakers fighting over. Because TRUE education is about making people, not robots. And as long as you have school personnel like these who are shaping those little people, it's a win.

We love you, Mayfield. You are the good guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment