Just Look...

Just Look...

Wednesday, November 13, 2019

home.

***Update from last night’s post: Saige is home! We aren’t positive what happened (it’s really weird and pretty unnerving and creepy), but she is here and she is physically ok, though likely traumatized. And I am ELATED to have her home!

If I’m being honest, I have nothing to say tonight. It was an emotionally draining day, it’s been an exhausting night, and this week is one of those “if I can just make it to a Sunday, I’ll be ok” sort of weeks that I preached against in an earlier post.

However, a commitment is a commitment, even when there isn’t much to say, so I’ll just leave a little reflection on Saige’s homecoming.

Tonight I sat in the mudroom and I hugged and loved on her for longer than she preferred. One of my kids said, “I’m glad you came home” to her and in it, I heard the echo of the same sentiment from a couple of weeks ago when we had a rough night and situation.

It got me thinking about what home is, what it means, and how our Father feels when we stray or get confused or forgetful or scared or mad or ignorantly independent... how He is waiting, not with words of anger or hurt or confusion or remorse, but with arms open and heart full, just thankful to have us back HOME.

No comments:

Post a Comment